Wednesday, September 21, 2011

New Necklace Holder

I've been making a lot of necklaces lately...and I keep finding more that I want to make (darn that Pinterest!). So the holder I have now is running out of room. So I decided to make another one. 

I was at Savers and found this and thought it would work perfect.
I took off the bottom hearts, took out the wire on the top, and sanded it down.

Then I spray painted it brown (to match my Earring Holder found HERE)
I bought these bathroom hooks (I don't exactly know what they are called) from Home Depot. (I definitely spent a little more than I should have...so if you want to make one of these on a budget, I'm sure you could find the hooks somewhere else for less money). I screwed them in and then just glammed it up!
I used some scrap fabric I had and made some rosettes and hot glued them on. Then I reattached the wire from the top and added a little strip of fabric and BAM....you've got yourself a new necklace holder with 6 hooks!!

Love it!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...