Monday, October 5, 2009

Tutu

These tutus are everywhere! I thought it would be cute to make a Halloween one for Lilly to go with her Halloween onesies. (Joni will be getting one, too!!!) There are so many different tutorials out there, but here is what I did:

I bought 3 colors of tulle, 1 yard each.



I bought some elastic, measured Lilly's waist, cut, and sewed the ends together. Note: You can also use ribbon instead of elastic.

I put the elastic around a chair to make it easier to tie on the tulle. This idea came from Make it and Love it (can you tell we like that blog?!)
I then cut the tulle into 3 inch wide strips with my rotary cutter.



Then I cut each piece in half on the fold.


I then tied each piece of tulle onto the elastic by folding the pieces in half, putting the loop up to the elastic, and pulling the ends through.


I tied each piece in a pattern.

Here is the finished product! (I may add some Halloween ribbons or spiders to it!)

2 comments:

Lisa F said...

Very cute! We're headed on vacation soon and Tulle is on my list to purchase!

Shanna said...

I really do like these, I can't wait to see your little one in her new tutu!! And I can't wait to make one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...