Monday, October 5, 2009

Money Jar

My hubby and I are on a new saving kick. We are using cash for everything so we make sure we don't go over budget. Well I realized that we are going to have a lot of change, so I decided to make a Money Jar.
I took a Mason Jar that I had and some scrap material that had and Mod Podge. I first cut the fabric to what I wanted which was an "M" for money, and then just random square pieces. Then I put a coat of Mod Podge over the whole jar and stuck the fabric pieces where I wanted them. Then I put a final coat of Mod Podge over it again. Then I just let it dry. For the top I cut a large piece of fabric with a slit in the middle. It was pretty flimsy so I took a small piece of cardboard (that I got from the back of a marker package) and traced the lid so I could make a circle that would fit in the lid. I cut a slit that would match the slit in the fabric and put it all together.

Now we can save all our change and maybe have spending money for a future vacation!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...