Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Camera strap covers - LOVE them!

These are so easy to do! The first ones took me about 1 1/2 hours - to finish both. I had no idea what I was doing and had a 3 year old on my lap while sewing. I found some tutorials HERE and HERE for them and adjusted them to work with my camera.

While looking at tutorials, I was planning on just doing a slip-cover style, BUT I read that people had to constantly adjust the strap to stay in the middle, so I didn't do it that way - there is an opening on the seam about half way up to put the strap into. They each have fusible fleece interfacing to help them be softer - it is a lot nicer on the neck especially with my heavier lens
I finished this one for a photographer friend - it is REALLY soft! The minky material is awesome! I will definitely be making more for me with the minky fabric!

1 comment:

Foust Family said...

They turned out so cute! This is on my "to-do" list. Now I am even more excited to make some!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...