Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Cheap Headboard Idea!

So my husband and I just bought a house and our bedroom is completely white. I felt a little bit like I was in a mental institution because it was so white. So I decided to do something about it. I really didn't want paint it because I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted to paint it, so I thought instead I would make a very colorful headboard. I had looked on tons of different websites and blogs and didn't find exactly what I wanted, but I did find some ideas that I combined into mine. So here's what I did.
I bought 4 pieces of 1 x 2 x 8 pieces. Then I cut the wood using a saw and then nailed and glued the boards together to make square frames. I also bought 3 sheets of foam that measured 2' x 8'. I cut the foam in half to make 6 squares.

After the squares were made in both the wood and foam I used an upholstery staple gun to put the fabric I had chosen over the frames and foam. I first had to cut the fabric to the size of the squares which were 2' x2'.

Once all the squares were done I figured out exactly where I wanted the squares to go on my wall. Then my husband and I worked together to screw each square at the corners to the wall. It was super fun!

Before:After:
I had a ton of fun making this! I think it turned out great, and I was so happy that I found this fabric at JoAnn's. It turned out great! It looks better when my bed is all made and my side tables aren't so dirty, but oh well!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...