My husband's younger siblings came down to visit for a week...which was SO much fun!!
I love when I get to hang out with Shelbi and Savannah because we always try and do some kind of craft!! This time we decided to make a necklace! We had been to Old Navy and saw something similar and decided that we'd be able to make it...so we did!
~Nylon Thread (we used a pretty thick one)
~Needle and Normal sewing thread
~Pearls (We did 4 different sizes so it would be progressively smaller)
1. The first thing you'll do is take your nylon thread (you can find this in the Jewelry making area of JoAnn's or Hobby Lobby) and tie a square knot to one of the "O" rings.
2. Then start threading the beads through. To add a little bit of texture...after each bead we tied a few knots so that it would stay in place. This was a little challenging to make it so the knot was close enough to the bead...but once you get the hang of it it's pretty easy. :)
3. Once you've done your desired amount of beads tie another "O" ring to the end.
4. Use your light to burn the ends of the nylon thread. You just want to do this a little bit because the nylon will melt pretty fast.
5. Next measure out how long you want your ribbon to be and cut it (you want to make it long enough so the necklace will easily fit over your head). Burn the edges of the ribbon to stop the fraying.
6. Loop the ribbon through the "O" ring just once then use your needle and regular thread to sew the ribbon together.
And there you have it!!! A super easy...super cute...Old Navy knock off! And aren't the girls SO cute!! LOVE it!