Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Doggy Party!!

So our cute little puppy Link is having his 1st birthday today! Last Saturday we decided that we would invite our friends over for dinner and cake and ice cream!

I love making cakes! So I decided to make a bone cake.

I made a chocolate cake the night before and then put it in the freezer for the night. I was a little worried about this, but it actually ended up working perfectly for what I needed.

The next morning I used my spiffy cake tool that cuts the top off and that cuts the cake in half (sorry I don't know what it's called).

I used a mug that was a good size and shaped the rounded part of the bone! Then just eyed down the side to make the bone shape.
 I then filled the middle of the cake with Cool Whip and strawberries. The strawberries were yummy, but they oozed juice out which didn't make it look as nice as I would've liked, but it still worked great!
 After I put the top back on I used chocolate frosting to frost the whole cake. The sides were a little hard to do because of the cool whip, but I was able to do it pretty good! Then I used Lemon frosting to write on the top and pipe stars on the bottom edge!
 I love how it turned out! And it was very tasty too! We even made homemade Peanut Butter Oreo ice cream! Can I just say....Fabulous!

Here is the invitation I made using Creative Memories. It was super cheap as well because I simply emailed it to all our friends! Perfect!!
Don't worry the puppy didn't get any of the cake...but he did get his very own doggy treats!! He loved having all our friends there and he definitely got spoiled with love!!

1 comment:

Foust Family said...

Looks so yummy! What a fun party!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...