Monday, May 23, 2011

Applique T-shirt


In anticipation for my son's upcoming birthday, I made him his own personalized applique t-shirt.

Supplies:
Pattern for whatever you want to applique (I made mine out of cardstock)
Fabric
Felt
Heat-and-bond
Iron
Sewing machine

1) Create pattern out of cardstock for whatever you want to applique

2) Decide what material you want to use for your applique pieces - I chose fabric for the basketball and stripes, and felt for the number 2

3) Iron heat-and-bond to material pieces (don't pre-cut the pieces yet)

4) Trace pattern pieces on back of heat-and-bond paper

5) Cut out the traced pieces

6) Iron first piece onto t-shirt

7) Sew a zig-zag stitch around the edges of the ironed fabric piece to secure in place

8) Repeat steps 6 and 7 until all the pieces are ironed and sewn onto the t-shirt. (I found it easier to iron and then sew each piece separately rather than iron everything and try to stitch around it all)

1 comment:

Foust Family said...

That is too cute! I'm excited for his party!!! I'm glad we get to celebrate with you guys this year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...